Little Art House is located at 2104 Acklen Avenue - Nashville, Tennessee 37212. Please click here for directions, or be sure to enter in the address to your GPS (searching "Little Art House" doesn't always translate properly!).
Office hours vary. Please contact the studio if you would like to see the space!
Parking is on the street and in the parking garage. **Please be sure to get a ticket from the parking machine in the garage, even for the free 1.5hr.
If you have any trouble finding us, please call (615) 933-9644
Growing up in Columbia, Tennessee, with an art teacher as our mother, we always practiced creativity and imagination in our house. Every summer and school holiday, we spent hours painting, drawing, making playdough, creating found object collages, and much more. While we played, we were encouraged to reflect on our experiences in art-making to increase curiosity and grow intellectually. These warm memories of risk and reward fueled by imagination are what motivated us to create the Little Art House. We hope to provide inviting opportunities for people to imagine, explore, and create in a comfortable, encouraging environment. Please join us in this adventure as we continue to grow. We look forward to meeting you and our future students!
Meet the Owners
- University of Mississippi: BA in Art Studio, 2005-2009
- Belmont University: MAT in Arts of Teaching, 2009-2010
2010-2014 Antioch High School
- Art I, II, III, AP Studio Art, Digital Art
- Trained IB Art Teacher
2014-2016 Treehouse Kid & Craft, Athens, GA
- Ages included 6-24months, 2-13 year olds, and adults with special needs
- Academies of Nashville Awards - Academy Teacher of the Year: General Education 2013
- NAEA Teacher of the Year nominee 2012-2013
- Frist Education Council Member 2013-2014
- Near perfect passing rate for students in AP Studio Art with Drawing and 2D
- Vanderbilt University: BA in Art Studio and BA in Art History, 2004-2008
- Belmont University: MAT in the Arts of Teaching, 2008-2009
2008-2011 Napier Enhanced Options School
- Art teacher for grades K-4
2011-2013 John Trotwood Moore Middle School.
- Art teacher for grades 5th-8th
- Team Lead for Specials
2010-2014 Kelly Dillon at Fear No Art
- Private lessons for students between ages of 5-13 years old
2013-2017 Hillsboro High School
- Art I
- IB MYP Coordinator
- Blue Ribbon Teacher Award Recipient. 2014
- Received tenure for being a level 5 teacher with MNPS for two years in a row. 2015
- Serving on the Nashville Education Foundation Teacher Cabinet with Mayor Megan Barry. 2016-Current
Interested in commissioning a painting to commemorate special people, places or events in your life? We can create a permanent work of art of your choice to be enjoyed for years to come in watercolor, acrylic or oil painting. Style and medium depends on subject matter. A few examples of subjects are homes, pets, wall decor for nurseries, portraits, floral arrangements from weddings or other special event. To see more, follow us on Instagram @LancasterStudiosTN or email us at create@littlearthousenashville for inquiries.
As experienced teachers, we would love to host classes for home school or other groups of students interested in specific mediums or challenges in their art class. We hope to be able to provide our services and to offer helpful educational solutions for you. Below are a few websites, magazines and places we find particularly useful and informative.
Nashville Arts Magazine